Popular Posts

Monday, February 21, 2011

Rain makes for a quite day

Thank goodness it is raining/sleeting/snowing today.  Dave has the day off so I am happy the weather is keeping everyone in their huts.  One of my neighbors was kind enough to help me do feed today.  About 600 lbs of feed is distributed daily to basically all points of our 15 acre property.  I currently do not have a vehicle that can drive the property which is why I need help.  That along with lifting the heavy bags, climbing over the fences and trying to pour the bags into bowls with pigs shoving me all over the place.

Now Dan and Dave are on their way back to the farm.  Dave is about an hour ahead of Dan but the roads are a sheet of ice so getting back here is slow going. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Crystal,
    I like the blog idea. I hope people enjoy it. Do you only have 15 acres? And how many hogs typically?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stala, yes we have 15 acres. We typically have 150 hogs including piglets. I hope you can come out for customer appreciation day. You will see how the property is laid out and how we rotate pens.

    ReplyDelete