Popular Posts

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Luke and Samantha get new room mates



Dave got quite the surprise this morning when he took milk out to Luke and Samantha.  As he was pouring the milk in their bowl he looked in the back of their hut and saw big yellow eyes.  He looked again and saw that it was Onix, our pregnant barn cat, no longer pregnant with a ball of kittens. 

Dave came in to tell me that the two pregnant pigs we are waiting to have piglets had not had their litters but there was new life on the farm.  I immediately guessed that we had the kittens we have been awaiting.  He told me to guess where she had them.  I guessed a pig pen and he told me in the back of Luke and Samantha's hut.

We went outside to count the kittens and take pictures of them.  Luke and Samantha were lying right in front of mama cat and her new litter.  Mama was quite friendly, letting us pet her as she purred away.  The kittens all seem to be in good health.

Mama (Onix) and the father, Carmel are now proud parents of 7 new kittens.  Carmel is long haired and orange so I have been hoping for some calico kittens and it appears that I have gotten my wish. 

2 comments:

  1. Can I reserve a kitten? I'm Beth from Andersonville's cousin. I would love a kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter got a big kick out of these photos-- please keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete