Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Clean Bill of Health

Let me start by saying that I apologize for the delay since my last post.  I have been sick for the past 5 days and just haven't felt like doing anything not 100% necessary.  Sorry!

Frankie (Franklin's son) got his stitches out today and received a clean bill of heath.  He is getting bigger by the day.  With piglets you can literally sit and watch them grow.  We brought another piglet in the house basically to keep him company but he did have an open cut on his foot so he is better off.  His little friends name is Lil John.  Yes, after the rapper that is on Celebrity Apprentice.  We are really scrapping for names these days so if you have any suggestions we are open to them.

At any rate, Frankie and I went to the vet today (an actual vet trip that cost me no money) where he to ooohed and aaahed over.  A little boy was enthralled with him.  An older couple couldn't believe it was a "real" pig, not a pot belly pig.  At 5 lbs now it is hard to believe that in a short period of time he will be over 300 lbs and ready to breed.  He got an ointment to soften up the scar but other then that he should be ready to go outside by Saturday. 

I have to tell you that I am really looking forward to having no piglets in the house for a while.

1 comment:

  1. but I LIKE pigs in the house
    so does Dave and Dan. you can tell.

    ReplyDelete